New BETA release – Youlean Loudness Meter – V2.5.0
What is going on
First of all, thank you for recommending Youlean Loudness Meter!
The meter has grown tremendously over the last couple of years and it is now recognized by all major broadcasting and streaming companies all over the world.
Netflix has added Youlean Loudness Meter as one of the recommended meters for their content delivery.
This was all achieved through a word of mouth, for which I am incredibly grateful for and I hope it will continue in the future.
As usual, this update will push the boundaries once again. The best loudness meter is getting even better for free, because of your support!
This update will be a BETA, but it will be open for everyone to test it out.
Drag & Drop Normalization
Normalize audio by dropping the audio file on the meter interface.
It’s simple as that, I am not joking.
If it’s not possible to hit the loudness target, a smart assistant will tell you exactly why.
You can configure where you want normalized audio to be saved, and if you really need to hit the target exactly as specified.
New Preset System
Improved Custom Presets
You didn’t like it, I didn’t like it.
The old way of saving custom presets needed to be improved and now it is!
APP Audio Passthrough
Monitor audio from iOS on your macOS device
By enabling audio passthrough you can now hear audio on the macOS app that is coming from your iOS device.
MORE UPDATES ARE COMING
Limitation of this BETA
This is the first of a series of updates that are planned. Many more new features are coming.
A lot has changed under the hood, so some new bugs might be introduced. If you notice something, please let me know!
This BETA will expire in 18 months but don’t worry, you will be able to update to the new version before that.
- Fixed APP crash when unplugging audio device on Windows
- Fixed AudioSuite not resetting before analysis
- Fixed PDF export missing some peaks in the true peak graph
- Fixed a nasty bug causing crashes when having multiple plugins loaded at the same time. (might improve stability overall)
- Fixed app freeze when changing audio driver type on Windows
- Fixed app not closing completely in some cases on Windows
- Fixed crashes for Windows standalone app and bad audio drivers
- Fixed message box blocking UI on macOS
- Fixed some alerts shouldn’t change when relative loudness scaling is activated
- Added AES Streaming Short Form preset (commercials <60s)
- Added ITU-R BS.1770-1 DIAL and ITU-R BS.1770-2 DIAL presets
- Added an ability to test drag and drop in the free version with test files
- Added audio pass through option for the standalone app
- Added file loudness normalization with WAV export
- Added min alerts for momentary, short term and true peak hold readouts
- Added normalization verification for double checking normalized file
- Added option to require target hit for normalization
- Added preset popup infobox
- Changed view settings icon
- Disabled multi-mono plugin type in Pro Tools
- Enabled all histogram modes in standalone app and plugin hosts that don’t support these features. Auto reset will not function in some cases.
- Improved preset system
- The minimum OS version for macOS is now 10.11
- Old custom presets will auto upgrade to the new presets
- Reduced vertical size of the interface
- Removed 32-bit AAX plugin on Windows
- Under the hood optimizations
- Updated AAX SDK to the latest version
- Updated VST3 SDK to the latest version
- Other small UI, UX improvements